27 August 2006

with a digital camera you can afford to be silly

Australian still life: in this photo you will see
A) 80th Anniversary Commemorative Collectible Vegemite Glass [vegemite is a toxic war ration dark greenish-brown yeast spread that Aussies inexplicably eat like it's peanut butter. See this truly snort-laugh-worthy link for more information. go. now. you know you want to.]
B) mug of "Tasty" peppermint tea in Noah's Ark mug. Marketing is so touchingly simple here sometimes, the dear souls :)
C) money from my wallet. 1000 Japanese yen, 10 and 5 Australian dollars, 1 US dollar.
D) ZonePerfect bar. Notice the price tag, if your eyes are that good. YOWZERS!!! (or would it be "yowsers" in this country's spelling...) $3.50. Exchange rate notwithstanding (1 AUD = .75 USD) that is still really really expensive. And totally normal. This is the most expensive city I have ever been in. And you thought California was bad.

















and kids? oh yeah :) I'm going to Japan tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is Vegemite in my cabinet. I kid you not. Keith loves the stuff. *sigh* I haven't touched it yet. Don't plan to, either. -Jennica

Jane said...

Have fun in Japan! I wish I could be with you for just a little bit...

Anonymous said...

oh, julie! that's so delightful. i think still lives could be a wonderful medium for expressing what's important to a person, instead of a random assortment or objects from "the still life cabinet" at school. anyway. umm, my dad brought home "marmite" from england, which i think may be a different brand of vegemite. made from beer dregs or something? i don't know. gosh, i miss you. i hope everything is going well?

love,
-a