04 November 2006

One-Minute Sam and Aziz the Ghost

That would make a really cool title for a one-act play (I only say this because it reminds me of the title of the one-act play Binky Rudich and the Two-Speed Clock) but it's actually the nicknames I made up today for our two cooks at Sabbaba. Whenever you ask Sam if your order is done yet he always says, "One minute." And Aziz is a ghost today because he got off work at 4 but had to wait around till we closed at 10 because he and Sam share a car and live far away, so he was drifting around getting in the way all night. But he's delightful. He's a FLIRT. A cute Indian Muslim kitchen boy and a flirt. (And yes, I flirt right back.)

Also, I have now been asked why don't I become a nun.

Also, I have my first Sunday off of work since June!!!

Also, I am at a genuine crossroads in my life. How about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't become a nun because i'm not Catholic.

so how does this week look for you so far a phone calls go?

hope you're soaking up the sun...