22 March 2008

love did it

Hungering for the Lord this morning, I gazed at Dali's amazing painting Christ of St John on the Cross and as I looked, I realized that Dali painted nothing physical at all holding the Lord to the cross. There are no nails in his hands or his feet.

Love cannot exist where there is not the freedom to choose. And it was love that held He who loves us to the cross.

Christ defeated death by death and bestowed on us life. He has invaded our world and takes back what is his - us - defeating Satan who held us bound to deadness with our wilful departure from God. And Christ did not simply stand in as payment for our sins, oh no, in defeating death he Himself tore our bondage to Satan in two, the action of one who rescues us joyfully. THIS is the gospel of the Lord - thanks be to God!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jewels, drop me a line, the email is still the same and let me know the best way to contact you.

XOX
Kellie