26 September 2006

more love more music

Yesterday, Monday, was my day off of work. Sunday had hit about 34 (90 fahrenheit) so I took it as a personal insult when the temps dropped 20C overnight. My day off which was to be spent mucking about on the beach had to be transmuted into a couple hours at the beach wearing a sweater and jeans. I ate a lot of toast and butter yesterday and read an entire book, No Compromise: the life story of Keith Green. It's a book that will change my life if I let it get in me and don't just end up going oh yeah, great book, moved me to tears. I'm praying that I won't turn my heart off towards how deep it touched me.

Today I had a headache for half a day, and I practically never get headaches, so I took it as a personal answer to prayer that the weather continued to suck and be cloudy and cool because I did a 7 hour shift at Sabbaba and I really don't think I would have gone well if it had become busy. Work... I have this feeling that my bosses, the two owners of the cafe, don't like me. Or rather don't like to work with me. I'm not sure why, though I have a couple ideas. It can make it a bit dreadful to head to work some days (today was one of them) but generally it turns out better than the dread expects. Dread is the worst. Ricky the cook from Fiji has the best dreds I've ever seen.

I've been bringing a few of my own mix cd's to play at work now that the owner/ music dictator is in Europe for 3 weeks, and I am proud to say that I am not only putting Sabbaba through the school of rock, I am also infiltrating it with the occasional non-obvious worship song.
Jars of Clay
Something Like Silas
Badly Drawn Boy
Spock's Beard
Belle and Sebastian
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jason Mraz
Maroon 5
Pixies
Radiohead
Gorillaz
Coldplay
etc.

No comments: