23 February 2008

leisure on a rainy day

I've been off of blogging for about a year and have just resumed, so this morning I checked a few friends' blogs that I used to like to read. Yeah, most of them haven't posted for a year or so either. I wonder why we all opened blogs after college and then abandoned them about the same time? Most likely we all were trying to keep in touch with our relationship network during the post-college diaspora, and then had about the same timeline for face-to-face local relationship networks taking substance and replacing the online one. I guess that's a good thing.

This morning I'm not sure what to do with myself, which doesn't happen too often. Ironically, just last night I taught (or rather, facilitated discussion) at my small group Bible study and my topic was Playtime - a God-centered perspective on rest, recreation, and entertainment. The discussion was so good. Loved it. And here I am the next day with two hours before I meet someone and no idea what to do in this time. Perhaps... perhaps I shall just wander outside and breathe some of this beautiful fresh air. It's been rainy and drizzly for a couple weeks now, but today the sun is shining and everything has that wonderful rain-washed quality. Mmmm, don't you love the smell of wet pavement?

No comments: