09 February 2008

Strictly Ballroom?

Just lately I've started swing dancing again - it's been about 3 or 4 years since I did it much, and I'd forgotten how ridiculously fun it is. I did ballroom dancing last fall and really enjoyed that, but now swing's doing it for me.

Tonight I went to a ballroom party/dance and you know, it just felt like the night never maxed itself out. In contrast with my night out Thursday when I Lindyed, swung, and Balboaed for three laughing, sweaty hours and left replete and happy, tonight was civilized and correct and didn't seem very social. My leg muscles are a bit tired but the rest of my body and my breathing is tense and frustrated, like it expected to be poured out and got left at the point of expectation with no pouring out. I am now eating wheat thins and chocolate to reach that satisfied feeling. Ha ha!!

I wonder if it has to do with being a performer, that I expect an evening of dancing to be something you give every last drop of energy to. Maybe a little bit. But I think I just like going swing dancing best. However, Strictly Ballroom is still one of my favorite movies.

No comments: