26 July 2008

Insomniac

My co-worker came up to the front desk around 3 and we both had that "I'm totally stressed and overwhelmed being an assistant to these people today" expression. Her boss, who is on vacaation, keeps a bottle of wine in her mini fridge and I made some sort of joke about having a drink. She said unfortunately her boss had finished the wine before going on vacation, and I said Well we have some wine in the storage closet left over from the Christmas party. So she said bring it back - I'll have it nicely chilled for us around 5:30. I said Okay. She said I'm serious. I said I know, and grinned. So we chatted and sipped for two hours after work and it was great. We'd never really talked before, and I really like her headspace. Cool girl! And good to get to know her.

Unfortunately, drinking in any quantity gives me insomnia. I fall asleep fine, but I wake up in the middle of the night. Same effect for me as caffeine, even though alcohol's supposed to be a depressant, not a stimulant. Weird. Well here I am :) Blogging nonsense at 3am.

No comments: