26 January 2007

stupid things I have done lately

-driving without my seatbelt on (for brief periods of time) (intentional)
-having a 2006 registration sticker on my car until late January 2007 (laziness)
-washing my car at a do-it-yourself place, spending $7.50 in quarters, and ending with plenty of dirt and soap scum still left on it (a combination of inexperience and 9 months' accumulated dirt)
-stopping at a red light and then going through it because the motion of the cars turning left made me think we were all going (unintentional)
-leaving my right sideview mirror very badly adjusted so that I had a blind spot on that side (unintentional)
-nearly changing lanes into a car on my left (twice) (I looked first...) (unintentional)
-coasting through a red light (at least I think it was red- I barely noticed there was a stoplight there at all until I was passing under it) because I was looking for my freeway entrance (there was no one around and it was night) (unintentional)
-mangaged to get from my small group leader's house and onto the freeway at 9:00 at night before realizing that I was driving without any headlights (unintentional, and unbelievable)

I fear I have gone stupid about driving. I have been trying really hard to focus, look, and be aware, plus going over what I learned about driving, but it seems like most days I do something potentially dangerous or illegal. Not sure what to do about this. Ideas??

No comments: