07 May 2006

comfort me with raisin cakes

Nic. the night shift manager. who looks like Ricky Martin. is awesome. because he buys organic dried figs and sultanas and offers to share. and yesterday (my second day in a row of double shifts that resulted in a twenty-hour weekend) after four hours of nonstop mad rush at work he waves this carryout 4-cup holder thing with a single drink in it under my nose and asks diffidently, Julie, do you want a latte? Nic! I said. I would love a latte. That would be brilliant.
(No, he doesn't like me; I'm pretty sure he's gay.)

2 comments:

Xana Ender said...

I'm glad it sounds like you're having a good time!:-)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your stuff!! Thanks for posting such great updates. And I know what you mean about music...that's so awesome that it was practically a playlist of your favorites. Parallel Universe? beautiful. Jennica