27 May 2006

counting them

I found myself some beautiful leather boots for my birthday (June 25 I'll be 23).

Ryan lost his ATM card in Thailand and wrote me about how it brought the eternal perspective to him with such immediacy and beauty that it brought tears to my eyes.

Anneli is on her way to do disaster relief in New Orleans.

Craig encouraged me that I'm an extremely grounded person with right foundations and so even though I'm young and currently living a life blown around by the wind, this is the only time I'll have to do that and I'm doing it really well.

Amy and I skyped yesterday.

I talked to my parents for the first time in about three weeks and spent nearly two hours on the phone with them.

Lunch after church at St. Andrews was true fellowship around a delicious meal shared together.

Coffee after church at Hillsong Women was companionable and intimate time shared between loving girlfriends.

My community is in three or four locations and about five timezones, and though I am aware of the strain of this fragmentation it is ok right now. It is where I am right now.

Sometimes I can't stand the emptiness of the space between my own breaths. Sometimes I have these moments where I feel like the waiting, the not knowing, the excruciating slowness is too much for me to endure. But I look at my life and I find it blessed, and full, and missional. I take up the next thing in front of me and try to live in faithfulness and action. And the joy I have found is like nothing on earth. May it spill over and show them God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

~Jennica

Jane said...

Can you believe that we are getting so old? I remember feeling so young Freshman year, and then feeling really old in the same minute. Or wondering what happened that all of the sudden I could be napping in the middle of the afternoon instead of sitting in a boring high school class.

Mum and dad are going to Edinburgh, London and Paris in July. I lent them my "Scotland for Dummies" book. Looking at it over mum's shoulder tonight I was thinking about the two weeks you and I and Jennica spent there. I miss it. I loved how all three of us would do things together or split up and be on our own, depending on how we all felt or what we wanted to do. No hurt feelings or problems if someone didn't want to join you or you would rather do something else for the day. If only everyday life was like that...

I miss you, my Jya!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...that was awesome, girls. I miss you both!

Jennica